Tips on Alkalizing your Body & Building Up it’s Alkaline Reserves
- Begin each day with a glass of warm or room temperature water and a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime juice. While acidic in nature and contrary to what many believe, lemons and limes are actually alkalizing.
- Better yet, have a glass of fresh juiced greens. Dark leafy vegetables and vegetable juice help to increase the bodies alkaline reserves. *Always pair lemon juice with dark leafy greens such as kale, spinach and collards- it will help with the iron absorption.
- Limit your acid-forming foods intake to 20% and make sure they are coming from the healthy sources.
- Eliminate or limit significantly your meat, processed, packaged refined foods, milk, caffeine/coffee, alcohol, breads and flours.
- Eliminate all zero nutrient foods, sodas and diet sodas/”diet” foods.
- Eliminate all refined sugars and limit your natural sugar intake. If you truly want to alkalize your body you must eliminate ALL sugars from your diet.
- Take deep, rhythmic breaths. When you breathe out carbon dioxide your blood is alkalized but you need the exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide to keep the process going. And if you smoke cigarettes- QUIT!
- Make sure the majority of your diet is consisting of alkaline forming foods, thereby increase your intake of vegetables especially, raw dark leafy greens.
- Replace iodized table salt and only use pure sea salt.
- Replace almond butter for acid forming peanut butter. Almonds are one of the most alkalizing foods because they are rich in calcium and magnesium. *Almonds should always be purchased raw and should be soaked prior to eating.
- And of course, drink LOTS of WATER! Water dilutes acid from acid forming foods and drinks. In addition to water, drink more teas such as, green tea, rooibios, ginger and herbal teas.