Reuse Salad Containers for Storage & Organization
Over the course of my teaching of plant based, raw foods classes, catering for yoga retreats and personal household use, I’ve gone through literally pounds of pre-washed, pre-packaged greens leaving me with 20+ (16 oz), empty, clear containers with lids. Considering plastic storage containers of the same size sell for $5-10 and the initial cost of the salad, why not clean them and reuse them for organization and storage around the house?! And, have I!! Basically, anything I can fit, stack and store, I’ve reused them for:
- Gift Wrapping Accessories (bows, tissue paper, small gift bags, etc.)
- Crafts Supplies
- Greeting cards
- Spices & such for kitchen organization
- Under kitchen counter storage of measuring cups, funnels, etc.
- Under bathroom counter storage of brushes, hair accessories, etc.
- Food storage for dog, cat, bird or any small animal food
- Organizational storage in drawers for socks, undergarments, etc.
- Closet organization for shoes, belts, swim suits, etc.
- Organizational storage in garage for nails/screws, small tools, etc.
- Outside organizational storage for small gardening items
I’d love to hear what you(’ll) use them for?! Although, I’m not a parent yet, I predict many parents finding a multitude of uses for storage and organization for their kids’ items with this easy re-purposing idea. Please feel free to share ideas!