Raw Cacao Nut Cookies Recipe
Raw Cacao Nut Cookies
(makes about 35 small cookies)
- 1 & 1/4 cup raw, soft/ semi soft dates, pitted (I used Khadrawi Dates I got from Natural Zing but Medjool dates would also be a good choice)
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 Tablespoon unrefined coconut oil
- 1 cup raw (unsalted) cashews
- 1 cup raw walnuts
Directions: Place pitted dates, raw cacao and coconut oil to food processor, and process until well combined. Next, add in cashews to food processor and turn on until will combined but you still have a grainy consistency. Add in the walnuts and process or pulse until all the mixture is well combined but, again, have a somewhat grainy mixture. (Careful not to over process the mix as the walnuts will continue to release more oils the longer they are processed.) Empty contents into bowl. Using clean hands take about 1 Tablespoon of the mixture into your hands and pack and roll into a little ball. Place the ball on a baking sheet or similar and smash down into a cookie form. After you’ve done that to all of the mixture, place the baking sheet into the fridge and allow to set for at least 2-3 hours. Keep covered in fridge. Or, if you’re making more, you can freeze the rest in a covered container or zip-loc bag.
Alternatively, you can make these into larger cookies, or, spread the mixture into a baking pan, allow to set in fridge and cut into bars.
Not only do these little chocolatey, nutty bites taste amazing but the ingredients are known to make you feel good too!
- You can check out the health benefits of dates in my previous post here.
- Coconut oil is known to strengthen the immune system (amongst other healthy qualities).
- Cacao and cashews both contain mood boosting compounds that release serotonin, our body’s feel good chemical. A large handful of cashews contains about 1-2 milligrams of tryptophan- an essential amino acid and precursor to serotonin.
- Cashews are good source of magnesium which acts a a mild body relaxer.
- Cashews and cacao are also rich in anti-oxidants which are beneficial for heart health and disease prevention.
- Walnuts are a great source alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), a form of omega-3 fat which are good for brain health as well as reducing inflammation in the body.
So go ahead and have that (raw cacao nut) cookie 🙂 Your body and mind will thank you !