Easy Raw Crust Recipe
Easy Raw Crust
(makes enough to cover a Baker’s Half Sheet 18x13x1”)
- 1/2 cup raisins ( or 1/2 cup dates, pitted & soaked if needed)
- 2 cups raw cashews or 2 cups raw almonds (or 1 cup of each)
- 1/8 cup unrefined coconut oil
- dash of ground cinnamon (optional)
- dash of nutmeg (optional)
- *1-2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup or honey (optional)
Add the raisins or dates and coconut oil (and optional maple syrup or honey) into the food processor and mix briefly. Add the cashews, almonds, (optional cinnamon and nutmeg) into the raisin or date mixture and blend until will mixed but still grainy. Remove from food processor and pour mixture onto baking sheet. Using your hands, evenly press the mixture firmly down. You can also place a piece of wax paper over the top to smooth down more easily. Allow crust to set in fridge or freezer for at least 30 minutes to an hour before adding next component. Or, have just as is!… This crust is even good enough on it’s own!
* Using dates will make for a little bit sweeter of crust. But, if you choose to use raisins instead and prefer a sweeter crust you may want to add the pure maple syrup or honey.